The network was established in 2008 by 6 European circus schools, with a common goal to use social circus as an educational tool and to dedicate this work to groups from disadvantaged backgrounds with specific needs.
We are a non-profit organisation that is committed to developing the sector and empowering our members and their participants.
In 2018, through a three-year operating grant, Caravan was official recognized by the European Commission through the Education, Audio-visual & Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) as a “body active” at European level in the field of youth in the framework of the by Erasmus+ programme.
- To use circus arts to create positive personal, community and social change.
- To advocate for the positive impact of youth and social circus
- To develop innovative pedagogical approaches for youth and social circus
- To promote, through international co-operation, the sustainable development of organisations working in the field of social circus
- To maximise opportunities and pathways for people engaged in youth and social circus to connect across Europe and beyond
- Professionalise pedagogic, social, artistic and administrative skills of the sector