The participants gain practice in trapeze, aerial rope, aerial hoop, cocoon, tissue and harness work. As well as being a great way to have fun and learn new skills, aerial work provides numerous health benefits. Everything from physical strength to your mood can be improved through regular participation in aerial activities. Due to the height restrictions in place because of the national insurance crisis, we have adapted our programme of activities to include acrobatics, and aerial skills are taught and practiced within the allowed height limit.
- Learn basic skills for each piece of aerial equipment
- Devise and perform routines
- Practice team work – supporting and encouraging their friends
- Gain greater self-confidence and self-belief
- Develop strength, focus, imagination and creativity
All our members have the opportunity to take part in Galway Community Circus performances – from theatre shows and Big Top Tent shows to street performances and parades. Participation is strictly voluntary and tremendously fun!