Participants work on a variety of mixed circus skills including balancing, juggling, manipulation, aerial, clowning and acrobatics.
- Practicing positive social interaction – learning to share and to wait for turns
- Experiencing situations of collaboration - leading and following
- Developing a sense of belonging to a group
- Building a foundation in circus and recognising the props of each circus art
- Developing greater body awareness
- Becoming comfortable in front of an audience
- Increasing focus, concentration, balance and coordination
- Enjoying safe risk-taking within a secure environment
All of our members have the opportunity to take part in Galway Community Circus performances – from theatre shows and Big Top Tent shows to street performances and parades. Participation is strictly voluntary and tremendously fun!
Registration for the 2021/2022 youth circus programme is now open for members and non-members! Classes run for 30 weeks. Autumn term is September 20-December 18 (with one week off for mid-term break.) Spring term is January 17th - June 11th (with one week off for mid-term break and two weeks Easter holidays). No class on bank holidays May 2nd and June 6th and on St. Patrick's day Thursday, March 17th.
Please see the timetable below.
For more information and updates on registration, upcoming classes, workshops and events, please sign up for our newsletter here.