Participants work on a variety of mixed circus skills including balancing, juggling, manipulation, aerial, clowning and acrobatics.
- Practicing positive social interaction – learning to share and to wait for turns
- Experiencing situations of collaboration - leading and following
- Developing a sense of belonging to a group
- Building a foundation in circus and recognising the props of each circus art
- Developing greater body awareness
- Becoming comfortable in front of an audience
- Increasing focus, concentration, balance and coordination
- Enjoying safe risk-taking within a secure environment
All of our members have the opportunity to take part in performances – from theatre shows and big top tent shows to street performances and parades. Participation is strictly voluntary and tremendously fun!
Tuam Circus classes are now finished for summer break. Registration for the 2023-2024 Youth Circus Tuam programme (beginning 21st of September) is now open to the public.
For class times, see the timetable below. For information on registration and fees, click the link below.
For more information and updates on registration, upcoming classes, workshops and events, please sign up for our newsletter here.