Circus in Youth Work
At Galway Community Circus we are committed to sharing circus arts with young people across Ireland. We work regularly with Foróige, Youth Work Ireland, National Youth Council of Ireland and other youth work organisations in order to make circus arts accessible to more young people.Whether you’re looking for a one-off session or an ongoing programme for skills development, our facilitators provide top-notch tuition through engaging activities, and are always very keen on collaborative and creative partnerships. Circus is one of the most accessible art forms for young people as it gives a broad, multidisciplinary approach to the arts. It provides a balance between creativity and physical exercise in a non-competitive setting. It is beneficial for both body and mind as an alternative form of physical education which empowers young people to develop patience, discipline and teamwork.
Through our outreach programmes young people will be able to:
- Develop social and teamwork skills
- Demonstrate the benefits of physical exercise and develop an interest in health and fitness for life
- Use their creative side to develop a performance piece in a circus art that is most appealing to them
- Demonstrate a sense of accomplishment and improve their self-confidence by celebrating their achievements in the group
- Share their experiences with their families and friends through a showcase event
To discuss our social circus programmes further or request a bespoke programme, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 085 1117224.