- Teamwork, new friendships and group bonding – leading, following, developing a sense of belonging to a group and feeling responsible for the smooth running of that group.
- Developing a greater sense of personal responsibility and independent learning – setting personal goals and thinking of creative ways to achieve them
- Learning techniques and developing skills in the main areas of circus; aerial, manipulation, coordination, balance, performance, as well as in their own chosen skills
- Being comfortable performing their own routines in front of an audience
- Engaging in safe risk-taking within the secure circus environment
All of our members have the opportunity to take part in Galway Community Circus performances – from theatre shows and big top tent shows to street performances and parades. Participation is strictly voluntary and tremendously fun!
After a very successful pilot programme of circus classes in Tuam in 2022, Galway Community Circus will again be hosting classes in Tuam in 2023. The new year will see a further step taken toward a permanent second space for Galway Community Circus in Tuam, and we will have limited classes while we work on a suitable space for our members.
Registration is currently open to the public for Youth Circus classes in Tuam for winter/spring term 2023.
Classes begin the week of 19th January after the holiday break and will run for 18 weeks. The cost is 193 euros.
For class times, see the timetable below. For information on registration and fees, click the link below.
For more information and updates on registration, upcoming classes, workshops and events, please sign up for our newsletter here.
|Class Group||Class Name||Day||Time|