- Teamwork, new friendships and group bonding – leading, following, developing a sense of belonging to a group and feeling responsible for the smooth running of that group.
- Developing a greater sense of personal responsibility and independent learning – setting personal goals and thinking of creative ways to achieve them
- Learning techniques and developing skills in the main areas of circus; aerial, manipulation, coordination, balance, performance, as well as in their own chosen skills
- Being comfortable performing their own routines in front of an audience
- Engaging in safe risk-taking within the secure circus environment
All of our members have the opportunity to take part in Galway Community Circus performances – from theatre shows and Big Top Tent shows to street performances and parades. Participation is strictly voluntary and tremendously fun!