- Teamwork, new friendships and group bonding – leading, following, developing a sense of belonging to a group and feeling responsible for the smooth running of that group.
- Developing a greater sense of personal responsibility and independent learning – setting personal goals and thinking of creative ways to achieve them
- Learning techniques and developing skills in the main areas of circus; aerial, manipulation, coordination, balance, performance, as well as in their own chosen skills
- Being comfortable performing their own routines in front of an audience
- Engaging in safe risk-taking within the secure circus environment
All of our members have the opportunity to take part in Galway Community Circus performances – from theatre shows and Big Top Tent shows to street performances and parades. Participation is strictly voluntary and tremendously fun!
Registration for the 2021/2022 youth circus programme is now open for members and non-members! Classes run for 30 weeks. Autumn term is September 20-December 18 (with one week off for mid-term break.) Spring term is January 17th - June 11th (with one week off for mid-term break and two weeks Easter holidays). No class on bank holidays May 2nd and June 6th and on St. Patrick's day Thursday, March 17th.
Please see the timetable below.
For more information and updates on registration, upcoming classes, workshops and events, please sign up for our newsletter here.