Social Circus for Toddlers/Tea and Coffee for Parents for Ukrainians - Fridays, 24 Feb - 7 April
Join us for FREE Social Circus for Toddlers classes for ages 1-5 years and Tea and Coffee for Parents - for Ukrainian families living in Galway City.
When and Where
Starts: Friday 24th February 10am-11am
Friday 24th February
Friday 3rd March
Friday 10th March
Friday 24th March
Friday 31st March
Friday 7th April
Location: Galway Community Circus, St. Josephs Community Centre, Ashe Road, Shantalla, Galway City, H91 A4VW
What is Social Circus for Toddlers?
Galway Community Circus brings the creative, physical and non-competitive art of circus to the people of Galway.
Social Circus provides opportunities for preschool aged children and toddlers to safely engage in circus skills workshops, while their parents can enjoy respite and be social on the same premises.
Social Circus can have the following benefits for toddlers:
- Learning to play, be creative and take safe risks together
- Encouraging social interaction from an early age – learning to share and take turns, building social skills
- Acquiring basic motor skills and developing an age-appropriate level of physical literacy
- Feeling safe and comfortable being the centre of attention within the group
Parents will be offered a welcoming space in St. Josephs Community Centre to connect, relax and socialise. Refreshments will be provided.
Please note: parents/carers are required to stay on the premises.
Please read before expressing interest:
Spaces for the Social Circus for Toddlers programme are limited. Before registering to participate, please read the following criteria to ensure eligibility.
Participants should be:
- Available to attend at least 5 out of the 6 weekly sessions (both parents and children)
- Under 5 years of age (Pre-school aged children)
- Available to attend 10am-11am Friday mornings
- A Ukrainian adult and child / children living in Galway City spaces will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.