Galway Community Circus is looking for a Receptionist/Membership Engagement Officer to join our team. The successful candidate will maintain strong working relationships across the organisation, offering additional support to the team where required. The priority of the role is the communication and administration of the Galway Community Circus membership. Central to the role is maintaining and building excellent relationships with our members and being responsible for communications on events and activity relating to members.
The role of the Receptionist/Membership Engagement Officer is key to us delivering our vision and mission, ensuring our members are connected with us and our programme, as well as each other. As well as strong administrative and organisational skills, this role requires empathy and understanding of the needs of our membership.
Eligibility to participate on CE is generally linked to those who are 21 years or over and in receipt of a qualifying social welfare payment for 1 year or more or 18 years and over for certain disadvantaged groups. Your eligibility will have to be verified by the Department. You can confirm this at your local Intreo Centre.
Galway Community Circus is Ireland’s flagship organisation for youth and social circus, located in the heart of Galway City with a local, national and international remit. Our aim is to advance the artistic, personal and social development of young people through circus arts. We are committed to creating an innovative and imaginative learning experience where all young people can realise their full potential. Through our ground-breaking programmes and high-quality productions, Galway Community Circus has proven itself to be a cradle of artistic excellence and educational innovation in Ireland, working with over 600 young people from diverse backgrounds every week.
We are a strategically funded organisation with the Arts Council of Ireland under their Children, Young People and Education department. Our staff is highly diverse with nine nationalities in a team of 20 employees, tutors and full-time volunteers.
Vision: A centre of excellence for youth and social circus in Ireland
Mission: To unlock personal and creative potential and deliver social inclusion for young people through circus arts
Values: Circus is the Art of Possibility
Not just an art form, circus is a way of life. It’s a unique, hard-working community where everyone is welcome, diversity and difference are actively embraced and everyone is encouraged to dream. At Galway Community Circus we don’t just teach circus techniques, we impart the unique values of circus. These values guide and motivate the attitudes, behaviour and decision-making of members and artists, staff and volunteers alike.
- Acting as a key liaison for members
- Processing registration
- Maintaining the membership database and members’ online directory
- Securing membership renewals and actively pursuing new members
- Making recommendations for the ongoing improvement of membership services
- Work with the Digital Engagement Officer to keep members up-to-date with news and opportunities through newsletters, social media and website updates
- Reporting on membership engagement across our programmes and platforms
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in planning, project and time management with excellent organisational skills
- IT skills especially in the area of maintaining databases, tracking activity, internet, and social media
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- A natural capacity to develop relationships, and confident communicator
- While interest and knowledge of the circus sector is desirable, it is more essential to be passionate and knowledgeable about the arts, with an interest in promoting participatory and professional arts practice and an understanding of the challenges and supports needed
- Experience in a related area, project management, or membership services
Please note that all successful candidates will be required to provide proof of identity and complete our Garda vetting process.